Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Happy Australia Day! Colin's Nachos (105/104B Brook St. Coogee, Australia)

So, as previously mentioned last year I was studying abroad living in a little beach town right outside of Sydney known as Coogee. It was beautiful place where I met a whole bunch of amazing people. Today is Australia Day in the states and I decided to celebrate with a post about one of my greatest memories of Australia-Morganne's fake birthday party. Now, this was a party consisting of some Mexican favorites that we hadn't been able to find yet in Sydney- nachos, tacos, and.... .....margaritas!!!! (of course). So what is a fake birthday you may ask? Well, its when people don't know each other too well and communication is lacking and we think we're celebrating a birthday..and the half way through the night when everyone becomes extremely intoxicated you realize it's really no one's birthday at all..but continue celebrating anyways. My fake birthday was first and after the excellent time we had we decided to throw Morgs one too. Now, at my party only beverages were served, but we decided to class it up a bit for Morganne's. Colin decided he was going to make his famous nachos and I was excited that I had found someone thousands of miles away who shared my love for them. So Colin prepared the nachos..laid down the tin foil on a baking sheet, laid out the chips and placed cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes, jalapeƱos, and diced peppers on every layer (Colin was great about layering the chips, making sure each layer had the perfect proportion of toppings). He baked the nachos in the oven for about 10 minutes and served with salsa and sour cream. They were delicious and I was so glad Colin had made them. Everyone enjoyed the nachos-they disappeared in 5 minutes. Dieting is something we all cared a lot about. Now, delicious homemade nachos aren't difficult to prepare, but Colin has them perfected. Thanks Col, miss you!
I give them an 8.3/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment