Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Nationals Park (Southeast, DC)

Take me out to the ball game...take me out to the crowd...buy me some nachos and Heineken...I don't care if the Nationals win! It was a gorgeous Monday night in the city and we decided to head down to Nationals park to watch a baseball game. Going to a Nats game has been on my list since I came to college and I decided to make it happen during my last week here. I was so excited to just have a beer and a hot dog and watch the game. Nachos were ridiculously expensive, but I was starving so they were added to my meal. Now, they're baseball park nachos, so I wasn't expecting someone to be scooping out avocado in the back and whipping up some fresh guac or homemade salsa. The nachos had the basics-chips, cheese, chili, diced jalapeƱos, and sour cream plopped on top. The chili wasn't too thick or spicy and the jalapeƱos gave each bit that extra kick. The only thing I didn't love about the nachos was that the cheese wasn't melted. It was strewn on top of the chips and melted only because of the warm chili that was poured on top, so some of the cheese remained in the shredded form. But, the nachos were satisfying and they complemented my Heineken perfectly. I would give them a 5.5- did the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment