Sunday, November 20, 2011

Grill on Main (East Greenwich, RI)

Since I've been home I've been trying to be really good about saving money for Barbados.  Having a financial planner for a mother makes that task a joy.  So, when I decide to go out to dinner I have to know it's going to be good.  And if my friend who's allergic to wheat sacrifices her digestive tract for some nachos I know they're going to be delicious.  My friend Ariana has been talking about this restaurant and their nachos for a while now.  So, naturally I've been dying to try them.  We decided to go last night, pre-binge drinking escapades, to coat our stomachs.  The Grill on Main is a great locals pub with dark wood paneling, a large bar area and a friendly atmosphere.  All of the food on the menu looked good, some better than others. Guess which some I'm talking about.  Loaded nachos baby.  I was ready to eat, so we ordered them right away.  Our waitress was friendly, but one of those talkative types, you get the whole life story and can't tell if she's sincere or just talking about having a 10 month old at home expecting more pity tips.  Anyways the nachos arrive and they look scrumptious.  They are the perfect size for sharing amongst two or three people, depending on your level of glutton-ness.  The tri-colored chips are served on a long white plate which adds a little sophistication to their presentation.  The chips are covered with chili, cheese, salsa, diced tomatoes, jalapenos, olives, lettuce and sour cream.  Everything tasted really fresh, nothing was too greasy or too heavy and after devouring them I was left with a satisfied feeling rather than a bloated one.  The only change I would make would be to spread out the toppings more evenly as some chips were left bare.  Otherwise the yellow, blue, and red chips were crispy and crunchy just the way I like them and were the perfect base for the "loaded" toppings.  They were great! I would have them for breakfast tomorrow.  I'll have to call and see if they're open.  The nachos get a 8.6/10.  Our night out in Newport following the feast receives a 14/10.  Love me a shwasted Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment