Friday, January 6, 2012

Thunder Burger (Georgetown, DC)

Decided to make a little sneaky trip down to DC to see some friends for New Years before I depart for Barbados. Just had my wisdom teeth out last Wednesday, have to say really not that bad at all. I think I was pretty lucky. Anyways, I did know that I couldn't have nachos immediately because if I tore my teeth stitches I knew I'd be in big trouble. So I waited two days. I arrived in DC Friday morning and went out to lunch at this amazing burger joint in Georgetown with my friend Dan. He had told me that I was writing too many nacho entries from RI so I knew I needed to make this next one a DC entry. We met at Thunder Burger around noon. It's really great inside. It's got this biker chic look going on- leather couches and chairs, cow skin scattered about, bright red walls, just neat and different. They have an amazing selection of burgers, one of my other favorite food groups, but they also have nachos! Chuck beef chili nachos to be exact. They were topped with salsa, guac, sour cream, of course covered in cheddar- jack cheese and piled high with this rich and chewy chili. They chips were blue corn, which is a personal favorite, and yellow corn. I thought the nachos were great, the portion size was perfect for two good eaters and the soggy chips at the bottom of the pile covered in toppings were just what I needed for my sore gums. I wish the nachos were a bit hotter, but that is probably the only thing I would change. The chuck beef chili was amazing. The beef was tender and succulent and the texture was much better than the standard ground beef based chili. Definitely a great afternoon! I'm giving them an 8.5.

3 comments:

  1. YYYUUUUMMMM!!!! Will have to go with Ali!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haaaaaa! respond to my email ho!u casa blu is the next entry!

    -rob

    ReplyDelete
  3. DC Native Nacho LoverNovember 14, 2012 at 6:59 PM

    The best nachos in the DC metro area are, hands down, at Mister Days in Clarendon. Everything else there sucks but the Ultimate Nachos are...the ultimate. And as a fellow nacho lover, I have eaten A LOT of nachos in 25 years in the area.

    Please eat them for your sake.

    ReplyDelete