Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Bert's Bar (Rockley, Barbados)

This sports bar is only down the road from Bubba's and I was recommended to try this place by my friend Ally who luckily shares my appreciation for nachos.  I have been to Bert's three times in the past two weeks and must admit the nachos are ranking high on the limited Barbados list.  Bert's is a great sports bar that caters to the Canadian hockey lovers and it features both indoor and outdoor seating, it's a cool layout.  I will write about the first time I visited Bert's and tasted these delicious nachos.  Lindsay was visiting Barbados for the third time and of course on top priority of our list of things to do was to scope out a new nacho spot.  Once again it was a rough Saturday afternoon that included crawling out of bed at about 2pm and passing out on the beach for a few hours while our stomachs calmed.  We decided that the best idea would be to grab some greasy food and we headed to Bert's.  We ordered chilli nachos, caeser salad and a pepperoni, mushroom and green pepper pizza...tell me you're not salivating at this very moment.  The nachos arrived and we dug right in.  The nachos had obviously been baked judging by the temperature of the plate, which I absolutely appreciate because of the way the cheese melts and becomes crispy in some sports.  The chips were covered in cheddar cheese, chilli, jalapeƱos and diced tomatoes, sour cream and salsa were served on the side.  As you can see from the picture I didn't even have enough self-control to wait before taking a photo of these babies.  The nachos were great!  The chips were warm and crunchy, cheese could be found on every layer and the chilli was just spicy enough.  The portion size was perfect for Lindsay and I.  I must admit at this time, they're my favorite on the island. I'm giving them a 9/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment