Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Bubba's Sports Bar (Rockley, Barbados)

It was a wonderful Saturday afternoon, St. Patrick's Day to be exact and I was really craving some nachos.  I've only had them once since I've been here and it was at Cafe Sol which I've already reviewed so I apologize for the lack of posts.  Now, I must admit I might have been a tad hungover on this glorious St. Paddy's Day because the night before I had been out at a place that offers unlimited drinks from 10-3.  This is dangerous add that I live directly across the street from this place haha, can't get much better than that. So my friend Ally and I decided to make it Splurge Saturday and we rented lounge chairs on the beach and ordered pina coladas like we were cruise tourists and then figured..go out for nachos? Why not! So we headed to this sports bar in Rockley called Bubba's that we had both never been to before, but I'd done my research and knew that they served nachos, plus how can you go wrong with a place called Bubba's when looking for healthy food ha.  When we got there we ordered the chilli nachos and a Caesar salad, can't go wrong with those two.  The nachos arrived very quickly, considering things in Barbados move at their own pace.  The nachos were topped with cheddar cheese and a chilli salsa, sour cream, jalapeños and guacamole were served on the side, but I dumped them right on top.  The nachos were fantastic! The chilli salsa had a great little kick to it and sort of like a curry taste which I don't usually prefer, but it added a unique flavor atop the crispy chips.  There was a perfect balance between toppings and chips which is usually hard to find.  We devoured the nachos, as expected and I scooped up every last bite.  They definitely aren't number one, but they sure did satisfy my cravings and my hangover! I'm giving them an 8.2/10.  Barbados remains at a 47/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment