Friday, November 26, 2010

Brick Alley Pub (Newport, RI)

Order the Texas Chili nachos. There are many mouthwatering nacho options on the menu and it can be quite overwhelming. I don't want you to be confused about the ones I'm writing about. The Brick Alley Pub has to be one of my favorite restaurants in RI as I have celebrated many a birthday there. The ranch dressing is one of the best I have ever tasted, it's rich, creamy, and buttermilky. Just the way I like! So, I recommend your ordering goes a bit like this. "Hi, I'd like a pina colada, the Texas chili nachos and the salad bar." Just a recommendation, but honestly how could you go wrong with that combination? So, back to the nachos, they're served in a heap-Australian for pile, it's a term I picked up, topped with chili, cheddar cheese, guacamole (if asked, it was alright, didn't seem that fresh), jalapeƱos, and about 18 dollops of Daisy. If you're not a sour cream lover I would totally recommend asking for the sour cream on the side. They must use a shovel to put that stuff on and in my opinion too much sour cream can sometimes be a bad thing-now notice my use of sometimes, in onion dip (a personal favorite) sour cream is absolutely amazing, but as a nacho smotherer it can bad. The nachos were great! The chili had a nice kick and the salsa was flavorful.
I give them a 7.9/10 (because of the sour cream situation).

No comments:

Post a Comment