Monday, November 8, 2010

Guapos (Tenleytown, DC)

Well, let's start off with one of the most legendary places that I have visited while attending American University, a rather sophisticated restaurant with ambiance and class...what am I saying..its Sloppy Guaps. Whether you've been there to dine with a large group and found yourselves polishing off 12 pitchers of Matrimonios and too many baskets of chips to count... I have to admit the food is delicious. The beverages are strong and the upstairs parties are messy. The nachos ain't too bad either. Now, I would not say that Guapo's nachos are my favorite, but they have a unique style that finds me ordering them nearly every time I'm at the place. The nachos are aligned in a circle, not my ideal arrangement, (I prefer piles) with each chip covered in cheese, refried beans, guacamole, sour cream and jalapeƱos. Now, one of the reasons Guapos wouldn't make my top 10 list is because of the way in which the chips are arranged...you can probably count the number of chips on the plate and that is never a good sign. However, the guacamole is absolutely delicious and the refried beans add a unique touch. The chips are sturdy, unlike some other chips I have come across, which were too weak to hold all of the toppings I threw at them (never good). All in all, Guapos is definitely a great restaurant and after a few pitchers of margs I probably think the nachos taste out of this world. I would recommend the chile con carne instead of the nachos-it's absolutely delicious. For now, I'm giving them a 7.4/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment