Friday, November 12, 2010

Old Glory (Georgetown, DC)

Recently visited this little BBQ gem while shopping in Georgetown. I'm all about trying new places..so when I discovered that this was one of the only restaurants on M st. that I had not dined at I decided I should give it a try. It was a beautiful day in October, almost 75 degrees, so we sat outside on their deck. While looking over the menu I had decided on the pulled pork sandwich (makes sense to try it at a BBQ joint known for their pulled pork). I saw nachos on the menu, but was honestly trying to resist. It was lunch time and I usually feel guilty/fat getting appetizers at lunch on a college student's budget. I was ready to order and had convinced myself that the pulled pork sandwich would be enough for me today. Then, the waiter comes over to our table and asks if we'll be starting with any appetizers "The nachos are great!" he says. In my mind I was thinking "Now, why did you have to go and say that I had just spent the last 5 minutes trying to convince myself that an appetizer was not necessary today?" So, then I asked the waiter "Honestly, how good?" and he replied "Honestly, they're excellent!" I looked at my two friends sitting at the table with me who are obviously tired of me ordering nachos at every meal we ate together. But, they knew my mind had already been made. I said, "We'll have the pulled pork nachos, please." The waiter was back within minutes with our order. Now, I've never had pork on nachos before I'm sort of a beef or chicken kind of girl but, tucked beneath the layers of cheddar cheese the pulled pork was so tender and sweet. The usual suspects were also piled on-guacamole, sour cream, salsa, and jalapeƱos. They were great! My only critique of Old Glory's nachos is that the chips are a bit too thin to manage the pork, otherwise I think they're a savory plate of goodness that I recommend everyone trying at least once. I give them an 8.1/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment